Our R.O.S.S. Montgomery Recovery Community Center has a Process Your Recovery Support Group every Friday at 1pm for individuals seeking support in a safe, supportive space with other people in Recovery! We discuss how to deal with life on life’s terms, goal setting and more! Come join us on Fridays!
Our R.O.S.S. Montgomery Recovery Community Center has a Women With Voices Support Group every Thursday at 6pm for Women seeking support in a safe, supportive space with other Women in Recovery! Come join us on Thursdays!
2100 Mt Meigs Rd.
Montgomery, AL 36107
Hours of Operation:
We are open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
At our R.O.S.S. Recovery Community Centers, individuals come and go as they like and choose to either attend a support group, engage in social activities, fill out online job applications, or help to build their resume. R.O.S.S. is a safe, supportive, and fun environment for the people we serve to be in. If someone doesn’t have a place to go for the holidays or to watch a game, they can come to R.O.S.S. and share a meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Peer Support Specialist?
A Peer Support Specialist is a person living in recovery with a substance use disorder and providing support to others seeking recovery from a substance use disorder.
Who is a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS)?
Peer Support Services promote:
- Many pathways to recovery
- Self-directed care
- A strength-based approach
- Relationship enhancement
- Emphasis on peer support
- Recovery philosophy
- Holistic Approach
PEER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Facilitating recovery education groups
- Peer led support groups
- Peer mentoring
- Using life experiences to assist consumers in understanding their diagnosis
- Crisis support
- Relapse prevention planning
- Reconnecting to family and community
- Basic living skills
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Recreation and social opportunities
- Self-help and self-advocacy skills
- Crisis resolution, problem solving, and goal setting skills
- Assistance in acquiring resources