Get In Touch
Contact us Anytime!
PHONE & EMAIL
The Recovery Organization of Support Specialists (ROSS) seeks to further develop and advance the role of Recovery Support within the community while promoting the right of self-determination and personal responsibility in individuals pursuing recovery.
The Recovery Organization of Support Specialists aims to advocate, empower and collaborate for any individual seeking recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Peer Support Specialist?
A Peer Support Specialist is a person living in recovery with a substance use disorder and providing support to others seeking recovery from a substance use disorder.
Who is a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS)?
A person in recovery from substance use disorder working within an agency or organization, who has been trained to use their personal recovery story to assist others in developing their personal plan for recovery. This person must meet the Alabama Department of Mental Health’s requirements to provide peer supportive services.
Peer Support Services promote:
- Many pathways to recovery
- Self-directed care
- A strength-based approach
- Relationship enhancement
- Emphasis on peer support
- Recovery philosophy
- Holistic Approach
PEER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Facilitating recovery education groups
- Peer led support groups
- Peer mentoring
- Using life experiences to assist consumers in understanding their diagnosis
- Crisis support
- Relapse prevention planning
- Reconnecting to family and community
- Basic living skills
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Recreation and social opportunities
- Self-help and self-advocacy skills
- Crisis resolution, problem solving, and goal setting skills
- Assistance in acquiring resources
Make a Donation
Send a Message
Phone & Email
M-F: 8am – 11pm
S-S: 8am – 11pm
3616 5th Ave, South
Birmingham, AL 35222