R.O.S.S. Gadsden Alabama
R.O.S.S. Gadsden Community Center
1030 Tuscaloosa Ave
Gadsden, AL 35901
(In the back of Carver Community Center)
Open 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
At our R.O.S.S. Recovery Community Centers, individuals come and go as they like and choose to either attend a support group, engage in social activities, fill out online job applications, or help to build their resume. R.O.S.S. is a safe, supportive, and fun environment for the people we serve to be in. If someone doesn’t have a place to go for the holidays or to watch a game, they can come to R.O.S.S. and share a meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Peer Support Specialist?
A Peer Support Specialist is a person living in recovery with a substance use disorder and providing support to others seeking recovery from a substance use disorder.
Who is a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS)?
Peer Support Services promote:
- Many pathways to recovery
- Self-directed care
- A strength-based approach
- Relationship enhancement
- Emphasis on peer support
- Recovery philosophy
- Holistic Approach
PEER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Facilitating recovery education groups
- Peer led support groups
- Peer mentoring
- Using life experiences to assist consumers in understanding their diagnosis
- Crisis support
- Relapse prevention planning
- Reconnecting to family and community
- Basic living skills
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Recreation and social opportunities
- Self-help and self-advocacy skills
- Crisis resolution, problem solving, and goal setting skills
- Assistance in acquiring resources