Our R.O.S.S. Birmingham Open House at our new Recovery Community Center and Home Office at 2105 Joyce St was a huge success!! Thank you to NBC 13 for such a great story!
R.O.S.S. Birmingham Community Center
2105 Joyce St.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Hours of Operation:
We are open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
At our R.O.S.S. Recovery Community Centers, individuals come and go as they like and choose to either attend a support group, engage in social activities, fill out online job applications, or help to build their resume. R.O.S.S. is a safe, supportive, and fun environment for the people we serve to be in. If someone doesn’t have a place to go for the holidays or to watch a game they can, come to R.O.S.S. and share a meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Peer Support Specialist?
A Peer Support Specialist is a person living in recovery with a substance use disorder and providing support to others seeking recovery from a substance use disorder.
Who is a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS)?
A person in recovery from substance use disorder working within an agency or organization, who has been trained to use their personal recovery story to assist others in developing their personal plan for recovery. This person must meet the Alabama Department of Mental Health’s requirements to provide peer supportive services.
Peer Support Services promote:
- Many pathways to recovery
- Self-directed care
- A strength-based approach
- Relationship enhancement
- Emphasis on peer support
- Recovery philosophy
- Holistic Approach
PEER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Facilitating recovery education groups
- Peer led support groups
- Peer mentoring
- Using life experiences to assist consumers in understanding their diagnosis
- Crisis support
- Relapse prevention planning
- Reconnecting to family and community
- Basic living skills
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Recreation and social opportunities
- Self-help and self-advocacy skills
- Crisis resolution, problem solving, and goal setting skills
- Assistance in acquiring resources